Re: Influence of Sci-Fi on Women

From: Jeanine Pedersen (Jeanine99@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 1997 - 09:43:26 PST

My introduction to SF was through Madeline L'Engle, who did have strong
female characters and of course Asimov and Heinlein.

I disagree with the premise that Dr. Susan Carter was wierd. I thought she
was great -- I loved the idea that you didn't have to play with dolls & could
just tinker with stuff. I was only disapointed by the short story "Liar" (I
think that was the name of it) where she has a crush on another scientist.

Heinlein's female characters could be a little questionable -- some were very
strong and others... yuck!