Re: SF movies, was: Delany

From: Martha Bartter (MBARTTER@TRUMAN.EDU)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 14:58:09 PDT

At 18:46 4/7/97 UT, you wrote:
>RuthAnn Wrote:
>A few days ago someone mentioned Ursula LeGuin's collection of essays
>"Dancing at the Edge of the World"essay about her experiences working with a
>filmmaker to make "The Lathe
>of Heaven" into a PBS film. She sounded pretty happy with the result.
>Anyone seen this? --I haven't.

Yes, the movie was pretty well done (within very tight
budgetary limits, I think) and the main themes came
off well. However, I've never been able to locate a
vcr copy to show in class... Many of the PBS films are
available, but that one is not. <expletive deleted>

Martha Bartter
Truman State University
mbartter@truman.edu