Re: _Glory Season_

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 16:50:50 PDT

>I recommend reading Nicola Griffin's AMMONITE right after GLORY SEASON.
>The comparison is fascinating. If I were teaching a course on women and sf,
>or a women's studies course with an sf component, I'd include both books to
>be read and discussed together; or GS with my own MOTHERLINES, or with some
>episodes of XENA (Brin's heroine is, after all, a warrior-adventurer). No
>doubt other interesting matches could also be made, and could yield great
>discussions in a classroom.
>
>Suzy

Suzy and all,
        Is it just me or could Xena: Warrior Princess turn out to be a
very important series for people in general and women in particular.

>You people are *keeping me from finishing my work* with all the good stuff
>happening on this list.
>
>Suzy

        Gee, sorry (heh-heh :-) ).

Mike,

Great news! We've been hearing about this book for ages, and Joanna's
health problems have often made it seem as if it was never going to appear.
Can hardly wait -- thank Gods she's getting it out before I turn in the
final mss. of my new novel -- I have absolutely no doubt that something
in her book will spark absolutely crucial trains of thought etc.

What health problems? Anything I/we can do to help?