shopping experiment

From: Neil Rest (NeilRest@TEZCAT.COM)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 13:46:26 PDT

OK, I took the plunge: I went to our local (Chicago) sf bookstore (Stars
Our Destination) and went through the used books. (I was going anyway.)
The store has recently begun separating the best finds in use books onto a
special shelf (at somewhat higher prices).

I selected pretty narrowly; I skipped old Hugo winners; I passed up _The
Iron Dream_, _Courtship Rite_ and _The Best of Leigh Brackett_.

I offer to list members copies of (in no particular order!):

_Jinian Star-Eye_, Sheri Tepper
_Dreamsnake_, Vonda McIntyre
_The Jagged Orbit_, John Brunner
_Triton_, Chip Delaney
_Picnic on Paradise_, Joanna Russ
_Rite of Passage_, Alexei Panshin
_Babel-17_, Chip Delaney
_A Mask for the General_, Lisa Goldstein
_Warm Worlds and Otherwise_, James Tiptree, Jr.
_The Left Hand of Darkness_, Ursula K. LeGuin
_The Song of Mavin Manyshaped_, Sheri Tepper

PLEASE REPLY PERSONALLY TO <NeilRest@tezcat.com> AND NOT TO THE LIST.

I will report the results of this experiment to the list!

Neil Rest