Re: Mars

From: L. Timmel Duchamp (ltimmel@halcyon.com)
Date: Sun Jul 13 1997 - 14:01:30 PDT

SMCharnas wrote:

> At 1:17 AM 7/12/97, Pat York wrote:
>
> >Hmm, if engineering becomes a woman-dominated field will the pay go
> >down? (g)
>
> Who's laughing? It will split into two fields, "engineering"
> dominated by women, and a more specialized field requiring an extra de-
> gree to do the same things, called "Brilliantly Designing Modern, Cool,
> and Expensive Ways To Do Things" which will be dominated by males whose
> pay will be approx. 25% more than that of mere "engineers". See
> "Bookkeeping" vs. "Accountant".
>
> Suzy

This was sent to me a few months ago-- a tribute to "the world's first
computer programmers," six women, who were called-- CLERKS!!!! Yes,
folks, these highly trained trailblazers were not even granted
professional status. (Kind of like Hollywood calling many of the first
script-writers "script girls", & treating them like gofers.)

FYI