Contact movie in the UK

From: k.willshaw@chester.ac.uk
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 03:08:37 PDT

Hi

When I was quite a lot younger I read the book "Contact" by Carl Sagan
and it was one of those books that really made a difference to the way I
looked at myself. This was because the main character, Ellie, was a
woman physicist. This inspired me in an awful lot of ways and I am now
doing a Phd in a science subject because I felt that I could believe in
my abilities and intelligence and in some ways this book helped.

Anyway to get to the point of this message, does anyone know if Contact
has a release date in the UK because I cant bear the thought that I am
not going to be able to see this adaptation of one of the best books I
remember reading as an impressionable teenager!

yours waiting with bated breath to see this movie

Kate

PS this is my first attempt at writing to a net discussion group, having
been lurking for a few days so please excuse the style!