Re: Birth Control Books

From: SMCharnas (suzych@HIGHFIBER.COM)
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 09:18:57 PDT

At 8:48 AM 7/16/97, Martha Bartter wrote:

>The last I heard about that, someone had pretty well proved that the
>whole scandal had been either invented or exaggerated -- that no group
>actually like the Ik had even existed.

Good God -- not another Tasaday Incident! This century is miserably
rich in fancy public baloney. Anybody notice, for example, that the
corpses of the newly-slain dead in Timsoara during the Bosnian War a
couple of years ago were in fact a neat row of ancient, yellowed cadavers
hauled out of the local medical school and morgue for the occasion? I
*thought* they looked awfully odd at the time, later found confirmation
in an article in, I think, the Manchester Guardian. Oy. This isn't the
Information Age. It's the Age of Fakes.

Suzy