Re: goddesses, Fifth Sacred Thing

From: Ildiko Paulovitch (IldikoPaul@aol.com)
Date: Fri Aug 01 1997 - 14:19:46 PDT

Hey there Holly,
     Yes the prequel is out, "Walking to Mercury". Takes a closer look at
Maya who is part of the first book. Liked "Fifth Sacred Thing" better than
this one. Generally I like books that concentrate on the personal growth of
one character, still no matter how close to true Maya is in WTM I couldn't
warm up to this book like I did with FST. Maybe it was the re-hashing of the
sixties thing that I couldn't relate to in WTM. I seem to like Starhawk's
writing better when she is being a visionary and less of the confessional
stuff (Maya is turning 40 in the book if I am not mistaken about the age
Starhawk is). Still anything Starhawk writes is worth a twirl.

ildiko