Re: [*FSFFU*] finding out of print books (was: various catchup

From: Freddie Baer (fbaer@WESTED.ORG)
Date: Tue Aug 19 1997 - 13:48:43 PDT

David Christenson wrote:

>>I can also recommend www.interloc.com and www.bibliofind.com, both
very large databases of used, out of print and rare books. Anyone can
search these for free, and order via email to the dealers. (And if you
buy via these sources, you'd be patronizing independent
booksellers.)<<

David has mentioned these two websites before, and I am both indebted
(and in debt) to him for this. I've spent over $300 at these sites in
the past two months, finding in a matter of seconds books that I have
been looking for years. Not only do I find the books listed at
multiple different locations, but I can comparison shop for the best
condition and best price.

If you're an antiquarian book addict like myself, be warned! These
are dangerous websites for your pocket book!

Freddie Baer