Re: [*FSFFU*] SF and Ecology

From: Christopher Shaffer (shaffer@UIC.EDU)
Date: Thu Aug 28 1997 - 10:41:03 PDT

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, DAVID CHRISTENSON wrote:

> But look at the fantasy they're consuming in Trek: a future where
> capitalism is no longer the driving force, and the capitalists are
> typically the villains or clowns. (BTW, I think you've just called most
> of the people on this list "imbeciles.")

However, the world of Trek is one where the military-industrial complex
controls just about everything. Yuck.

-----
"If navigating the world wide web is computer literacy, then the meaning
of literacy has really been debased." --Walter Miller
Chris Shaffer shaffer@uic.edu http://www.uic.edu/~shaffer/