Re: [*FSFFU*] SF and Ecology

From: Christopher Shaffer (shaffer@UIC.EDU)
Date: Fri Aug 29 1997 - 04:40:50 PDT

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Sean Johnston wrote:

> >However, the world of Trek is one where the military-industrial complex
> >controls just about everything. Yuck.
>
> Huh? I think this is the perception because the Trek stories focus on the
> Trek characters, most of whom are in this military. However, it's clear
> that there are a lot of other leveld to the Trek universe than the
> Federation. Is Earth controlled by a Starfleet Admiral? How about Bajor?

Sorry, I guess I have a mistaken impression. Never having watched many of
the Star Trek shows, I guess I jumped to conclusions. I'm definitely not
a fan nor likely to become one.

-----
"If navigating the world wide web is computer literacy, then the meaning
of literacy has really been debased." --Walter Miller
Chris Shaffer shaffer@uic.edu http://www.uic.edu/~shaffer/