Re: [*FSFFU*] SF about computers

From: Keri Stone (Dinnally@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat Aug 30 1997 - 17:20:39 PDT

Hi,

Kate's post reminds me how I'm sort of looking for short stories and essays
both critical and supportive of the increased computer use in our society.
These would be for the beginning computing (software) classes I teach on the
high school level. My main problem has been that the non-fiction that I've
found is on too advanced a level for my students and I don't know of any
short stories (being solely a novel reader). My students are very bright but
jargon-filled and very technical things turn them off given that the students
actually interested in technology pass out of my class through an exemption
exam.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, I would very much appreciate it,

Keri