[*FSFFU*] Quakers...

From: Nimal Jayawardhana (nfjayawa@DARWIN.NTU.EDU.AU)
Date: Wed Sep 03 1997 - 16:22:46 PDT

Dear List,
                I studied two units in Peace and Conflict Studies in
Brisbane at Queensland University (Australia) last year and Quakers have
been immensly important to the Peace Movement worldwide. Some of you may
know that Pennyslylvania is named after a Quaker. I am interested to know
more aboout the Amish, they are often viewed with ridicule and/or contempt,
but this is probably due to misunderstanding more than anything else. Human
nature...

Salutations, |\| | |\/| (Nimal JAyawardhana)