[*FSFFU*] Back to SF

From: MARINA YERESHENKO (my0203@BRONCHO.UCOK.EDU)
Date: Sun Sep 07 1997 - 16:16:58 PDT

> >Can we go back to discussing SF?

I apologize for sending some more G.I.Jane postings after the
listmistress's warning had been issued. I don't have a computer at home,
and it takes time to read everything that collects since last time I
checked it, while I try to answer the mail when I read it.

However, I don't really understand public irritation on the "off-subject"
postings. After all, if one doesn't like a particular thread (or any of
the existing ones) why doesn't she start another one, instead of getting
mad on others for not posting what she wants to read? This is not TV, if
you don't like what's on, post something else. Besides, DM's movie might
not have been sf, but it definitely was feminist, unless one believes
that feminism has to be exclusively pacifist, ecological, and
community-spirited, due to some mythically "different, non-violent nature
of women". Don't mean to offend anyone, but posting something you _would_
like to read would be more likely to change the situation than whining
that someone else does not do that. As for leaving the list, that is a
rather pathetic way to express disagreement, and it won't change anything
for sure. Just a thought, which I don't expect anyone to share, either.

        "Femininity is code for femaleness plus whatever society
           happens to be selling at the time."
                                                Naomi Wolf