[*FSFFU*] height and gender bodies

From: Anitra E. Heiberg Lykke (anitrae@STUD.ISV.UIT.NO)
Date: Thu Sep 11 1997 - 04:19:11 PDT

Edrie J Sobstyl wrote:

"I too have found in sf an exploration of what it would be like to be a woman
and to have a body that you could actually USE - as something OTHER
than a thing to seduce or reproduce (not that those aren't perfectly
good uses, but they do tend to limit women)."

 This discussion on body size and height, reminded me of a short story in
where men or women could change their sex. By cloning they had a body
"grown" for them of the other sex. Then they "just" put the old brain in the
new body.
 It made for interesting episodes when the main character, a woman, came
home to her husband as a man.
 The story explored gender-roles a little, but could probably have made more
out of it.
It did give us (women)a feeeling of what the difference in body meant for
how one is treatad, seen from both sides.

 I'm sorry I can't remember who wrote it, or the title unfortunately, it is
probably located in one of the 6 stored boxes of sci-fi books.
 -Anitra