Re: [*FSFFU*] Average heights of women and men (slightly off-topic)

From: Nalo Hopkinson (bl213@FREENET.TORONTO.ON.CA)
Date: Sat Sep 13 1997 - 13:41:26 PDT

NH: Makes sense to me. Some women's self defense classes teach that a
woman can increase her physical advantage in a fight by using her legs
rather than relying on her arms, i.e. kicking, stomping (one thing those
spike heels are useful for!).

-nalo

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997, DAVID CHRISTENSON wrote:

> -- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> So, if women are naturally more given to lower-body strength, shouldn't
> fantasy warrior women in female dominated worlds use a different style
> of fighting? That is, emphasizing the legs rather than the arms. This
> would entail the invention of interesting knee- and foot-mounted weapons
> , leaving the arms free for shielding - but also ending the cliche of
> the sword-wielding amazon. To wield a sword against an armored foe is an
> upper-body-strength thing, methinks. Just a thought.
> --
> David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com
>
> "Yet, throughout the book there exists the whole gamut of strange facts
> which we ourselves had been aware of for years, all carefully mustered
> to support a theory doomed by every process of logic to be forever
> incomprehensible." - Ray Palmer

"There are two kinds of dates; the kind that you go out with, and the
small fruit that you eat."
                                -my aunt