Re: [*FSFFU*] Tananarive Due

From: Luz Guerra (lguerra@IBM.NET)
Date: Wed Sep 17 1997 - 18:39:17 PDT

Michael Marc Levy wrote:

> Tananarive Due is one of the few African-American writers doing fantasy
> and horror. Her first novel, The Between, received excellent reviews.
> Just out is her second novel, My Soul to Keep, from HarperCollins (and
> HarperCollins Canada Ltd.), which is also receiving lots of positive press
> in the publishing industry.
>
> Mike Levy

lg: I've found Tananarive Due to be a chilling and compelling writer.
Hard for me to put her down until the book is done, even if 3 a.m. Her
male-female relationships are not models of feminist interacion... but
very real.

luz

"It is easier to ignore reality when that reality is so expressive, so
clear as to its meaning, that the simple act of speaking of it with
truth constitutes a 'subversive' act." Ignacio Martin-Baro