Re: [*FSFFU*] Wonder Woman (was Re: Are we talking about Feminist SF?)

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Tue Sep 23 1997 - 16:39:01 PDT

>But the Messiah-figure was still male! (and had 'natural' ?godgiven powers,
>unlike Jessica's which had had to be worked for, trained at)
>Lesley
>Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com

Even so, Paul had to work to develop these powers or he never would have
known what to do with them. Jessica taught him what to do with them, a
natural role for a mother, I should think.
        Would it have been more equal if the Messiah-figure were female?
Or would that just be a shift in power, not a balance?

-Sean