Re: [*FSFFU*] _Courtship Rite_

From: Lesley Hall (Lesley_Hall@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 25 1997 - 12:26:11 PDT

Read this years ago--under a different title (UK edition), possibly GETA? Is
this the one with group marriages? I remember feeling that the author had
created strong and competent female characters but then subjected them to a
variety of gothic horrors (imprisonment, torture, giving birth in a
charnel-house) which did not happen, in my recollection, to the equally strong
and competent male characters. There was also, as I recall, one of those
sinister all-female hive type societies... And wasn't one of the main plot
drivers succeed or be eaten?
Lesley
Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com