[*FSFFU*] To Vonda

From: Rhian Merris (RHIAN.M.MERRIS@CPMX.MAIL.SAIC.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 06:38:00 PST

 ----------
Don't think of myself as a celebrity -- several
folks post to this list who are a lot better known
than I am. Besides, there's no better way to get
handed one's ego on a plate than to expect folks
to recognize one's name.
 ----------

Goodness! Well, I, for one, am very excited to have you here posting.

Thank you for the "rant" about tie-ins. I found it to be an excellent
explanation of the situation in current SF writing. This was
particularly revelatory to me: (pardon me if I'm making up words again)

One thing tie-ins do accomplish, indirectly, for
the reader of mainstream sf is that they support
quite a large number of mainstream sf writers who
would find it difficult to subsist on the advances
for their original novels.

Rhian Merris
rhian.m.merris@cpmx.saic.com