[*FSFFU*] Attack Of The 2,000-Foot Vulva from Outer Space (Re: Starship Troopers)

From: Susan Armstrong (anariska@MORTIMER.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 11:12:18 PST

>Apparently there is something so disturbing about women's genitals that
>they're a natural model for evil alien nasty bits. (A recurrent visual
>element in the Alien movies' marketing is a glowing vertical slit.)

Interesting. It never occurred to me that this glowing slit was anything
other than the luminous pupil of an alien eye -- "luminous" in the same way
that a cat's eye, with its vertically slitted pupil, reflects light.

But then again, I've never seen any of the "Alien" movies. (Being prone to
nightmares that can last for decades, I decided these movies might be too
expensive for me. Much though the idea of the Sigourney Weaver character
appeals to me.)

-- Susan A.

Susan Armstrong * Vancouver, Canada * anariska@mortimer.com