Re: [*FSFFU*] Star Trek Women

From: Gaya Bassham (MKaresh@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Nov 10 1997 - 18:08:22 PST

The other Star Trek "homosexuality" episode was when Beverly Crusher fell in
love with a symbiont like the one Dax has, and then fell out of love when it
was implanted in a woman. At least that's the way I remember it--I haven't
seen it in a long time.

But the DS9 episode didn't have anything to do with homosexuality, unless you
count the teaser they kept showing of the kiss. Dax's symbiont and the other
woman's symbiont had been married many many years before when they were
implanted in another couple, and the whole episode centered on whether Dax
and her long-lost love should violate symbiont tradition by pairing off in
two different lifetimes. (If you don't watch Star Trek, that sentence
probably didn't make any sense, but I can't think of a better way to explain
it.) I actually felt a little ripped off by the story, since the trailers had
implied that the episode was dealing with lesbianism.

-- Gayla