Re: [*FSFFU*] brain cells

From: Lesley Hall (Lesley_Hall@CLASSIC.MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 13:17:37 PST

Maryelizabeth wrote
Only if one believes the recent study that (IIRC) states that men have
something like 40,000 more brain cells than women. And no one has
determined what they might be used for, or whether they are used at all. :)
(the extra 40,000, y'all!)

Recent? This sounds like all those pompous old Victorian scientists with their
callipers measuring skull capacity! The last position I heard on this was that
women's brains were larger in proportion to their bodies (generally smaller
than men) than men's.
        As for the extra 40,000 cells, it reminds me of the old brain-transplant
joke: 'and the Prime Minister's brain is £10,000: because it's never been
used'
Lesley
Lesley_Hall@classic.msn.com

Maryelizabeth