Re: [*FSFFU*] Starship Troopers

From: Allen Briggs (briggs@PUMA.MACBSD.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 13:54:46 PST

> Yes he does, in exhaustive detail. Every human breed seems to be
> represented - Lieutenant Jelal is Turkish, for instance. In some cases
> he doesn't say - as with Breckenridge, who I've always pictured as
> African-American. And the leading character is Filipino.>

Jeez. I completely missed all of that--except for the reference to
Tagalog/Espanol and some of the names. Must not be important to me. :)

I'm not sure if I'd say "exhaustive detail". Then again, I don't form
pictures of characters, usually. Unless someone brings it to my attention,
I tend to work without mental pictures of characters' physical details
unless there's some kind of handicap. I'm the same way in real life...

I offer my apologies for my earlier misinformation.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com