[*FSFFU*] Heinlein / Revolt 2100

From: patricia johnston (pjohnstn@DEEPCOVE.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 11 1997 - 16:53:48 PST

Hi,
The only novel (so far) I`ve read by Heinlein is Revolt in 2100. I liked
it,,,,,and the women in this novel are treated IMO as being totally equal.
The women can commit acts of sabotage with "the best of em". This has
spurred me on to read other books by him, and Starship Troopers is next on
the list. Probably will not see the movie, as I do not like Hollywood movie
extravegances. Someone quoted a line from the movie, "a good bug is a dead
bug". I come from a horticulture/integrated pest management background, and
a "good bug", is a necessary bug. So keep that in mind the next time you
start nuking the bugs in your gardens.
When I want a good sf/movie hit I plunk Metropolis into my vcr. The hero,
Maria, wants to change the conditions of the workers by arbitration and
non-violent means. She is almost thwarted by the evil scientist. (A great
movie for silent movie buffs)
Patricia.