Re: [*FSFFU*] brain cells

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Wed Nov 12 1997 - 08:33:34 PST

>I have to say that I find it extremely difficult
>to imagine how anyone could detect an "extra"
>40,000 brain cells, even as an average,
>considering that the average brain contains 100
>BILLION neurons.
>
>There is considerable evidence to indicate that
>what's important is the number of connections
>rather than the number of neurons, but frankly I
>don't think anybody knows enough about the brain
>to say, "If X [=brain cells, connections, bla bla
>bla], then Y [intelligence, empathy, bla bla
>bla]."
>
>Vonda
Vonda:

Well, I admit I do not have the email I originally got the info from any
more, so my post was undoubtedly subject to flaws from my memory. And, IIRC
once again, no conclusions had been speculated on the function of the extra
cells.

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747