Re: [*FSFFU*] Leia's outfit

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 13 1997 - 13:10:02 PST

Robin Reid wrote:

> But she is a slave to a
> completely non-humanoid alien: I don't know what kind of sex life
> Jabba the
> Hut and his species have, but I doubt he'd (???) be turned on by a
> woman in
> a costume that melds the brass bikini and harem girl look.

Actually, that's not quite right - the original screenplay (which saw
Oola, the dancer, escape Jabba's palace) explained it, and a short story
later picked up on the old draft: Jabba, as disgusting as he may seem,
actually appreciates the female form in the various races he has come
across. That explains the varied women in the court, including Sy
Snootles (the singer) and the other dancer (plus the additional women in
the special edition).

The other explaination is that there's no way Lucasfilm would have shown
Fisher nude onscreen. Lucas himself is too tame for that.

- Geoffrey

--
"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499