[*FSFFU*] Thanks for the pointers

From: Lindy S. L. Lovvik (laorka@Best.com)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 09:42:04 PST

Thanks to the discussions over the past few months since
I subscribed to this list, I was able to put together a
list of authors and works I'd like to read.

Armed with my list (including some 26 authors) I broke
down and went into a bookstore.

Unbelievably, in the discount Sci-Fi section, I found
hard cover copies of Sheri Tepper's _Shadow's End_, a
short story collection of Kate Wilhelm (_And the Angels
Sing_) and _The Furies_ by Suzy McKee Charnas.

(I wouldn't have recognized the names, save for the
discussions here.)

I also got _The Four Ways to Forgiveness_ by Ursula K.
Le Guin.

I am a happy human. (I don't often take books out of
the library. . . I tend to forget to take them back on
time. Over the years, I have probably paid at least
one person's salary for a year!)

I read both the Tepper and Le Guin books each in one
sitting. I'm trying to limit myself to only one book
per day, so today and tomorrow will see me finishing
the other two.

Eventually, I will be able to discuss them intelligently,
after I've digested them. I usually read a book once
in hunger, then once for conscious comprehension.

Thanks everyone! There is so much out there to read
that reading your discussion and comparison of works
helped me decide what to look for and where to start.

Lindy

--
"If I had my past life to live over, I'd make all the same
 mistakes, only sooner."  --Tallulah Bankhead

http://www.best.com/~laorka Resources related to women, disabilities and literature