Re: [*FSFFU*] Independent/feminist women in SF

From: Frances Green (jjggww@JUNO.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 20 1997 - 12:52:56 PST

Sorry if I've missed a vital point or component of this discussion, but
I don't recollect seeing mention of the heroines I can think of created
by

Melissa Scott (India (Trouble), Jian, Silence, etc)

Marion Zimmer Bradley (Jaelle and various of the "Amazons" and many
others )

Sheri Tepper (Marjorie Westriding; Jinian; Mavin; Saturday Wilm, many
many more)

Again, my apologies if I missed a vital defining parameter or postings.

Suzette Haden Elgin's Responsible of Brightwater (and her sister
Troublesome for that matter)

Diane Duane's Berend was mentioned; I'd add Queen Eftigan who was an
active mother as well as a warrior, rod mistress and full time ruler.
Does anyone know if The Door Into Starlight is anywhere near completion?

Frances Green
http://gayellowpages.com