Re: [*FSFFU*] SF and academia: was Re: Mythology book query -Reply

From: Bonnie Gray (bgray@ECE.UCDAVIS.EDU)
Date: Fri Nov 21 1997 - 08:28:04 PST

     This is something that has always puzzled me... why "popular"
literary forms are not considered worthy of study by some
academics. It seems that science fiction, mystery, etc. could
be interesting to study partly because they are "popular" forms,
and can say a lot about current culture.

     Of course, I'm a scientist who hasn't been in an English class
for over five years :) Anybody who knows about these things: what
do you think?

Bonnie