Re: [*FSFFU*] old thread- feminist dystopias/utopias

From: Geoffrey D. Sperl (gamgee@GEOCITIES.COM)
Date: Thu Nov 27 1997 - 08:46:35 PST

luz guerra wrote:

> Bonnie Gray wrote:
> >
> > Cami wrote: "...after all, who would open jars for me?) ;-) "
>

> > lg: I've always found smacking the bottom of the jar to break the
> seal quite effective.

My mother, before and after my parents' divorce (when I was eight), used
to firmly tap the top of the jar against the countertop two or three
times...

Alas, times change: now I'm 24 (and she's...older than she was), she had
me unscrew a jar just the other day when I was visiting...though she
also has my 19-year-old sister open jars, too... ;)

- Geoffrey

--
"Time is an illusion.  Lunchtime doubly so." - Ford Prefect

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8499