Re: [*FSFFU*] Strange Days movie

From: Catherine Asaro (asaro@sff.net)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 09:12:06 PST

Petra Mayerhofer wrote:

> So, what about other triangles: heroine, men in distress, helpful
> man. Which one should she take in the end? Perhaps none.

I do that in my novel Primary Inversion. The heroine rescues not one
love interest, but two, the first in the beginning of the book and the
second toward the end. She ends up choosing the fellow who is twenty
years younger, for complex reasons that have to do with the political
intrigue of her government and his (all right, I admit it, he's a hunk
too. But that really isn't the reason she chooses him. Really.
Honest. ... Doesn't hurt, though. <g>).

Primary Inversion is also hard science fiction, diamond hard (I've a
doctorate in physics, which I use a lot in my writing). The combination
of hard sf/role-reversed love story has been far better accepted than
its detractors expected, and not only with female readers.

Best regards
Catherine
http://www.sff.net/people/asaro/