Re: [*FSFFU*] How About that Alien Resurrection? (poss spoilers)

From: Susan Palwick (palwick@SCS.UNR.EDU)
Date: Mon Dec 01 1997 - 10:32:55 PST

Good heavens. Did that movie have some of the most bizarre subtext you've
ever seen, or what? I loved the 1-7 scene, and would love to know what
other people thought of it. And what did anyone make of Ripley's various
relationships with the critters? Are we now supposed to start feeling
more compassionate towards them, a la Frankenstein or King Kong? What are
we to make of the fact that of the two stongest female (humanoid)
characters, one was a semi-alien clone and the other was a robot?

Can't wait to hear other people's reactions!