Re: [*FSFFU*] Aliens and Ripley

From: Sean Johnston (sean-johnston@UIOWA.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 03 1997 - 13:06:04 PST

>I wonder if Aliens would have become the huge franchise it is today if
>Ripley's character had remained a man, as I believe the original script was
>written.

Interesting question. I'd say probably not because I think a huge part of
the Aliens franchise's value is the still-novel concept of a woman in such
a strong role. Where in movies, since the original _Alien_, have we seen
heroines as strong as the Ripley character who are and remain the lead of
the show?

-Sean

Stand for something or you'll fall for anything.--Author Unknown