Re: [*FSFFU*] Social Fantasy, Was: SF/Sci-Fi

From: Gabrielle Bate (BATE@MACC.WISC.EDU)
Date: Thu Dec 04 1997 - 12:46:00 PST

>By the way, is the term 'Science Fiction' used in other languages,
>too, or have there been other names created for it? I suppose, the
>French have a French expression for SF.
>
>Petra
>** Petra Mayerhofer ** pm@ier.uni-stuttgart.de **

French for science fiction is science-fiction, pronounced like French because
those are French words. It is often abbreviated to SF. I personally am very
fond of SFQ, science-fiction quebecoise. I don't know about any other
languages.

I meant to reply to this earlier, but it got lost in my mailbox.

Gabby Bate