[*FSFFU*] Deerskin

From: BJBenesch (BJBenesch@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Dec 17 1997 - 23:48:23 PST

Somebody on the list in the last week or two mentioned Robin McKinley's
"Deerskin" in all the discussion about her re-telling of Beauty and the Beast,
and after reading those comments I went through my stockpile of books and
pulled out my copy. I'd started it ages ago and for whatever reason never
finished it, so I decided to give it another go. I'm very glad I did.

I'd be interested in hearing comments from other people who have read it,
especially if people have read "The Hero and The Crown" and "The Blue Sword"
as all three apparently take place on the same world at very different times.

I'm at the point where I'm still reeling from the experience of reading it the
way I did (basically in one really exhausting "gulp") and plan to go through
it again now to really digest it, but I would be interested in hearing what
other people thought of it.

Barbara Benesch
BJBenesch@aol.com