Re: [*FSFFU*] Off Topic -- "Breast Men" on HBO

From: Jill Gillham (jilkey@grfn.org)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 11:57:39 PST

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Cat Farrar wrote:
> I didn't see it but would really appreciate if you shared with us what the
> show was about.
> At 10:58 AM 12/18/97 PST, you wrote:
> >I know this excludes non-US subscribers, but did anyone else
> >see the HBO movie "Breast Men", supposedly the real
> >story behind breast implants?
> > Amazing show. Some science fact is stranger than science fiction.

I was kinda half-watching, so this is probably somewhat inaccurate, (was
reading the new 'David Weber' stuff) but it was the story of the
development of breast implants, the doctors and scientists who invented
them, and the social dynamics and stuff invloved in their acceptance.
(Doctors discussing implants among themselves, a couple of mock talkshows
where women were talking about why they were getting them, the early idea
that only strippers and prostitutes waould want the implants.)

Jill Gillham jilkey@grfn.org http://members.aol.com/~ferndock2
\|/ \|/ D=|[[] "All-arm'd I ride, whate'er betide,
=0: + =0: = \O/ Until I find the Holy Grail."
/|\ /|\ |*| -- Alfred, Lord Tennyson [Go WINGS!]