Re: [*FSFFU*] Book Review

From: Pat (mathews@UNM.EDU)
Date: Wed Dec 24 1997 - 07:17:30 PST

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Dr. Carey Carpenter wrote:

> All Hail Ye Feminist/Sci-Fi Afficianados...after lurking on
> this list for several months, I see you all are missing one
> of the most powerful and creative writers of this genre of
> all time...Patricia Kennealy, formerly married to the late
> Jim Morrison, leader of the rock group The Doors.
>
> I recommend her first three books, The Copper Crown, The
> Throne of Scone, and The Silver Branch...all three can be
> found in most public libraries.

        But do NOT buy her last one, Blackmantle, unless you want a horrifying
look at what I consider a great villain in all her self-serving glory
--- served up as the hero.
        And her Arthurian stuff is crawling with defensiveness and "they oppose
us because they're evil" ideology.>

Patricia (Pat) Mathews
mathews@unm.edu