[*FSFFU*] Julian May

From: Jenila (Jenila@aol.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 10:05:57 PST

Hi,

I'm new to the list, so hello everyone. I've just finished reading Julian
May's Pliocene Exile series and have read all her other series and I have a
question. (I think I should also give a spoiler warning, please tell me if I
am doing this right:)

SPOILER

At the end are we to assume that Marc and Elizabeth's attempt to bring the
Tanu and Firvulags home worlds to coadunate status is what results in the race
known as Lymliks (spelling?) .

Also, I am just beginning Freeze Frames by Katherine Kerr, and have never read
anything by her, any thoughts?

I found Elizabeth's notion of spiritual growth through pain interesting, it
reminded me of Dan Simmons last Hyperion novel

SPOILER

in which Athea (spelling?) allows herself to be tortured and subjected to
tremendous pain to bring about the spiritual growth of others.

BYE:)
Jennifer
jenila@aol.com