[*FSFFU*] OT - suggestions wanted

From: Pat (mathews@unm.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 29 1997 - 12:23:37 PST

I would dearly love to find a piece of technology the size and weight of
an average book, keyboard-driven (I HATE trakballs!), on which I could
write, do my finances, and play games - I would also like to be able to
download (or insert in A drive) any novel I cared to read, and get my
email. Except -

I'd also like to find a small lightweight pocket phone that's usable in
every part of the country without costing $5 a minute, and if (as some
ads suggest) I can also get my email on it, that's even better.

Questions: have any of you ever seen, used, or own anything like these?
How much are/were they and what problems are there with them?

I find the electroncis revolution is moving a lot faster than I can
follow these days!

Patricia (Pat) Mathews
mathews@unm.edu