Re: Octavia Butler (fwd)

From: lissa bloomer (ebloomer@MAIL.VT.EDU)
Date: Thu Mar 20 1997 - 12:50:06 PST

Hello:

Just joining into the group -- and what perfect timing. As a teacher of
Freshman Composition, I hoped to further my knowledge of some sci-fi
writers -- particularly Octavia Butler, as my students are now reading
_Kindred_.

Woe is me, though, because I cannot make it to Iowa to see her. Does
anyone know if she will be coming to the east coast? Or, will Sean
Johnston or Laura Quilter know of anyone who will be videotaping her visit?
I'd love to share her talk with my kiddies.

-Lissa Bloomer
Virginia Tech
ebloomer@vt.edu