Mary Staton's _From the Legend of Biel_

From: Judith A. Little (littleja@POTSDAM.EDU)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 18:33:03 PST

For L. Timmel Duchamp--You wrote that Staton's _From the Legend of Biel_
was your most favorite sf book of all time. I read it last summer and
could not figure it out, how it relates to feminism, I mean. Since the
work shows up on everyone's lists of the 'classics' I figure I must be
missing something terribly important. Can you explain (bare bones) its
significance? Thank goodness I noticed your note about it. At last, maybe
a small nagging puzzle can be solved!
        Judith

Dr. Judith Ann Little Philosophy Department SUNY-Potsdam
       Potsdam, NY 13676-2294 littleja@potsdam.edu