Re: SF movies

From: DAVID CHRISTENSON (LDQT79A@PRODIGY.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 20:06:00 PDT

-- [ From: David Christenson * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

Re: "The Lathe
> >of Heaven"...
> >
> Yes, the movie was pretty well done (within very tight budgetary
limits, I
> think) and the main themes came off well. However, I've never been
able to
> locate a vcr copy to show in class... Many of the PBS films are
available, but
> that one is not. <expletive deleted>
>
> Martha Bartter

My references say it aired on PBS on Jan. 9, 1980, produced by WNET-TV,
New York, where the master copy is evidently being used as a doorstop
because it has not (as of 1992, the date of my last guidebook) been
released on video. Why John Tesh and Barney made it onto video and Le
Guin did not, I dunno...

--

David Christenson - ldqt79a@prodigy.com