_Beauty_ and more Tepper (long)

From: Maryelizabeth Hart (mystgalaxy@AX.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 12:20:19 PDT

Tepper's horror, written under her own name, rather than the one novel
already mentioned as E.E. Horlak (_Still Life_) included two novels -- _The
Bones_ and _Blood Heritage_ -- and a stunning vampire novella, "The
Gardener", published in _Night Visions 6_, aka _The Bone Yard_.

Her SF novels include (more or less chronologically):

_The Revenants_

_King's Blood Four_*
_Necromancer Nine_*
_Wizard's Eleven_*

_The Song of Mavin Manyshaped_*
_The Flight of MM_*
_The Search of MM_*

_Jinian Footseer_*
_Devrish Daughter_*
_Jinian Star-Eye_*
* a trio of trilogies set in the same fantastic world

_The Awakeners_ (_Northshore, Vol. I_; _Southshore, Vol. II_)

_Marianne, the Magus, and the Manticore_
_Marianne, the Madame, and the Momentary Gods_
_Marianne, the Matchbox, and the Malachite Mouse_

_After Long Silence_
_The Gate to Women's Country_
_Beauty_

_Grass_ \
_Raising the Stones_ loose trilogy
_Sideshow_ /

_A Plague of Angels_
_Shadow's End_
_Gibbon's Decline and Fall_
_The Family Tree_

She also writes mysteries under two psuedonyms:

The Jason Lynx mysteries by A.J. Orde:
_A Little Neighborhood Murder_
_Death and the Dogwalker_
_Death for Old Time's Sake_
_Dead on Sunday_ (aka _Looking for the Aardvark_)
_A Long Time Dead_

The Shirley McClintock mysteries by B.J. Oliphant:
_Dead in the Scrub_
_The Unexpected Corpse_
_Deservedly Dead_
_Death and the Delinquent_
_Death Served up Cold_

Not that I'm an obsessive completist, or anything. But I thought folks
might like to know.

A lot of people I speak with feel she is too strident, and that her message
gets in the way of her writing.(At least with works post _Gate..._)
 Any thoughts?

Maryelizabeth
Mysterious Galaxy 619-268-4747
3904 Convoy St, #107 800-811-4747