Tepper's feelings against homosexuality

From: Nomi Liron (frogqueen@EARTHLINK.NET)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 13:23:43 PDT

I am a great fan of Tepper, but one thing that really bothers me is
her implied stance against homosexuality. It is really apparent in passages
in "Gate to Women's Country" where "gay syndrome" is explained as having
originated from abnormal hormone levels during pregnancy. In the new society
the women build and create from the ashes of the old, "gay syndrome" was
identified and corrected at birth.
        I have generally found Sci Fi writers to be more open to alternative
forms of sexuality, so the sentiment puzzles me.
        Does anyone else have difficulties with this issue?

drink water, nomi