Barr's works

From: lissa bloomer (ebloomer@MAIL.VT.EDU)
Date: Sun Apr 20 1997 - 14:17:58 PDT

hi all:

when i first joined this list, i joined it to find out about what i should
read. i have been reading and reading and reading.. and (no one in my
family knows yet, thank goodness) have spent most (if not all, as of this
morning) of my tax returns (big because of the december birth) on the sci
fi books that you all suggested.

thus, i blame you all for my current economic status.

however, i had to stop reading new texts to learn the questions. i found
two books by a former teacher, here at Va Tech: Marlene Barr. the texts:
_Lost in Space_ and _Feminist Fabulation_.

i read them both, and now have fresh, inquisitive eyes to use when i return
to the fiction.

my questions to you all are: has anyone else out there read Barr's books?
thoughts?

and.... does anyone know where she went? i knew her for a whopping 2
months, fell in love with her way of thinking, and *poof* she was outtahere
before i ever read her fantastic essays, hopefully she's not lost in
space. i'd love to talk to her about these essays.

-lissa bloomer

if you're wearing pants, thank my great great great grandmother.

elisabeth bloomer
instructor, english
virginia tech
ebloomer@vt.edu