LHOD questions: Unabridged reading? Screenplay?

From: Susan Armstrong (anariska@MORTIMER.COM)
Date: Fri May 16 1997 - 00:14:31 PDT

(Agreed that it's arguable whether LHOD is "feminist SF" -- but hey, I'm
just sneakin' these questions in here because I figure you folks may know
the answers...)

Some years ago, Warner Audio released a 2-cassette set of a drastically
abridged reading (by the author) of _The Left Hand of Darkness_. Does
anyone know if an *unabridged* recording has ever been made?

(Incidentally the Warner reading, done around 1985?, differs in some details
from the original text. As I recall, the changes emphasize the characters'
female aspect.)

Ms. Le Guin has also mentioned a "1985 screenplay" of LHOD -- has this ever
been published in any form?

What the hell, one more question -- Has any dramatization of LHOD ever
actually been produced?

-- Susan

Susan Armstrong * Vancouver, Canada * anariska@mortimer.com