Re: summer reading

From: Michelle Kendrick (kendrick@VANCOUVER.WSU.EDU)
Date: Fri May 16 1997 - 11:21:57 PDT

I have really enjoyed this thread. I too read voraciously as a child.
It use to take me over an hour to walk a couple miles home from school,
as I would walk while reading. My parents realized I needed glasses when
they saw me covering one eye to read at the dinner table.

My favorites as a little kid:

the first book I remember being captivated by (and I still have it, I
"borrowed" it from the library, hid it and told my mother I lost it!) is
a book called "Unwilling Pirate" about a little boy who gets kidnapped by
pirates.

I also loved d'engles (sp?) A Wrinkle in Time. Great kid sci-fi, if I
remember.

I really liked was it Victoria Holt's King Author series? The one about
Merlin?

And I read all those horse books, Black Beauty...the whole series.

Michelle

Michelle R. Kendrick
Assistant Professor of English
Washington State University