Re: summer reading

From: Britt-Inger Johansson (Britt-Inger.Johansson@KONSTVET.UU.SE)
Date: Sat May 17 1997 - 03:17:31 PDT

>Now my memory is getting a little fuzzy, but has anybody else read this
>series by Susan Cooper - I believe that at least one of the books was a
>Newberry Medalist.
>

>Tasia

I did as an adult with the same fervour I would have read it when I was
younger. Actually I even read it a number of times. She's a fantastic
author. Does anyone know whether she has published more in the same vein?
To your list let me add author Meredith Ann Peirce, always with strong
girl heroines. Of the older one's anything by Nesbit. By Heinlein I would
recommend _Have Spacesuit Will Travel_, aside from those mentioned. I know
I liked it, esp the fairly uppity Peewee character. Having some good
English children's fantasy at home I will go look see in my bookshelves and
see what more I may add to the list.

Bi

Britt-Inger.Johansson@konstvet.uu.se
 Research Assistant