summer reading

From: Laura Quilter (lauramd@uic.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 24 1997 - 07:06:53 PDT

I just finished THE NATURE OF SMOKE by Anne Harris (just out in paperback)
which I quite enjoyed ... fast read, nicely paced. I'm now reading FOOL'S
WAR by Sarah Zettel. Interesting to me for the way Zettel posited a
future Islam. Women still wear the hijab and even purdah, there are still
substantial restrictions on female-male interactions, but women are also
"allowed" to work outside the home.
        Did anyone on the list read Zettel's RECLAMATION? Was there a
similar depiction of religious belief?

Laura Quilter / lauramd@uic.edu
Electronic Services Librarian
University of Illinois at Chicago